Monday 3 June 2013

peter rhodes

While I was at Pick Me Up back in April I made a note of the illustrators I wanted to check out online when I got home. I was disappointed to find that I hadn't noted the name of an illustrator whose work I had particularly admired and I couldn't seem to find out who it was via the Pick Me Up website either. Then, earlier this week, while sitting in my local cafe writing a blog post, my husband suggested I might want to have a look at the list of names he had made at the show. To my delight the first name on the list happened to be the one I had been searching for before. It was Peter Rhodes, and it was his image 'Day Job' which had so caught my attention. In black and white, with just a very minimal touch of red, he has illustrated his day job as a biscuit-icer! I love it! On his blog he says it's less glamorous than it sounds, but it certainly makes for a more exciting illustration than my day job would! Feast your eyes on the tasty delights that surround him as he works and check out some of his other stuff here.